This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Looking for Movie Title » A film where a woman seduces a strange boy and then leaves him

Russia
3 Jan 2011, 07:56
Hello, everybody! Happy New Year!
I'm looking for a film I saw some years ago. It's not very old, anglophone, as I remember.
A teenager's father dies. The man was some kind of criminal, a drugseller, as I understood. He had no wife and relatives so his son, a boy of 15 or so, becomes an orphan. The tennager suffers some psychic or nervous disease. He sometimes has hallucinations and sees his father talking to him. To stop this the boy scrapes his wrists with a syringe drawing blood.
The teenager hitchhikes somewhere and a woman drives him. He falls in love with her and they become lovers. But an ex-husband comes to the woman and they reunite (there is a sexual scene between them). So the boy goes into the river and drowns himself.
The scene of the suicide itself isn't shown. The film begins and ends with similar scenes: the shooting is made from under the water's surface. A dog swims across the cadre, then a man swims. In the final scene only a dog is shown.
The second story line runs about the friend of the boy's father and a woman with a hare lip. They drive somewhere, maybe looking for the boy.
Thanks for your attention!
Russia
4 Jan 2011, 19:18
Maybe you recognise the style of the filmmaker? It's hard to find the film, it must be very rare. But I saw it on TV some years ago at night...
Russia
9 Jan 2011, 05:40
Any ideas? I also remember the scene where the woman notices his scars and asks why he injures himself. And the boy answers something like: "the sign of blood calms me down".
Russia
16 Jan 2011, 09:50
I also remember that in the beginning the action goes in some hostel. Maybe the boy lived there.
When the woman drives the boy she throws the things away from the car because they remind her of the ex-husband.
Russia
29 Jan 2011, 13:56
Any ideas at all?