This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Looking for Movie Title » Please help me identify

30 Oct 2006, 07:10
Hi, this is my first post here

A few years ago I stumbled upon a movie on the "movie magic" channel. The movie was about a professor and his wife. The professor disliked children and saw no point in having one himself.

Then a family moves in near them . One way or another, the professor is forced to spend time with the daughter of their neighbors (who are not very good parents). The girl has some medical condition (may be polio) and hence limps.

The professor is initially bored, but after having to spend time with her get very attached to the little girl. He teaches her swimming and later the professor and his wife teach the little girl to dance a little on some silly poem.

I am a little hazy about the plot but do recall the ending. In the end the neighbors are shown to be moving away and there is a very touching scene when that little girl is going away but without meeting the professor but then turns around midway and comes running/limping to the professor and they hug. Such an emotional and a sad scene *sniff*

Please help me identify the movie. I hope someone over here has watched this movie.
NRJ
Canada
10 Dec 2006, 23:29
it sounds familiar. I prolly saw it, but cant recall the name of it, sorry.

26 Mar 2007, 16:00
Sounds like "How to Kill Your Neighbour's Dog". With Kenneth Branagh as an author being stalked by a person pretending to be him.

The neighbour girl has cerebral palsy.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0207524/