This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Looking for Movie Title » Moderately Old Suspense/Disaster Movie. Nuclear Secrets/Asteroid, ...etc.

Puerto Rico
27 May 2012, 04:18
I'm looking for a movie, where two Nuclear Scientists try to get to a deal for sharing nuclear missile technologies from both USA and Soviets. They both need to do so in order to stop an asteroid which will hit the earth if not completely destroyed and no one will make it by itself. Because nuclear policies obstruct their ultimate goal, and the only way to go is sharing nuclear weapons secrets, finally, they tell each other about secret satellites loaded with nuclear missiles aimed to each other's nations. They both agree to turn 'em back towards the asteroid to destroy it and save the world from the coming disaster. The talks take place at an underground facility, apparently, beneath a building with the sign "AT&T". I try to be accurate but may miss something. I've tried using the MovieFinder tool at Imdb without success. Hope someone will remember the title of that movie. Thanks in advance.

Strongly Interested in Old Movies, Particularly Sci-Fy, Action, Horror, Adventure, History, etc.
USA
11 Jul 2012, 23:25
Try this one:

METEOR (1979)

After a collision with a comet, a nearly 8km wide piece of the asteroid "Orpheus" is heading towards Earth. If it will hit it will cause a incredible catastrophe which will probably extinguish mankind. To stop the meteor NASA wants to use the illegal nuclear weapon satellite "Hercules" but discovers soon that it doesn't have enough fire power. Their only chance to save the world is to join forces with the USSR who have also launched such an illegal satellite. But will both governments agree?