This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Looking for Movie Title » An Old Movie I'd Like To Find

Puerto Rico
12 Apr 2014, 22:51
Hi again; I'd like to share part of a movie's (I think is a 70's one) plot but I can't remember its title. At the beginning of the movie, an athlete faints (lose consciousness) while running. Then, he awakens at what seems to be a hospital room and discover that one of his extremities is missing, but almost immediately, a nurse enters the room, takes a look at him and injects him a drug and he falls asleep again just to wake up then and find out there's another of his extremities missing. The same scene repeats until the poor man's arms and legs are gone. The body parts of the "victim" were used to reconstruct a dead body. Does anyone know the title of this movie? Thanks in advance.

Strongly Interested in Old Movies, Particularly Sci-Fy, Action, Horror, Adventure, History, etc.
United Kingdom
14 Apr 2014, 12:28
I don't know what the film is called, but if it was about a World War Two prisoner of war, he would accused of trying to escape.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder
United Kingdom
14 Apr 2014, 22:01
One possibility might be "Scream and Scream Again" (1970) which is known to include a similarly bizarre scenario. If you check it out on IMDb you will see the following reference from one review:

...Then we have a series of scenes about a man who collapses while out jogging, and finds himself in a hospital room, where he is kept sedated most of the time while his limbs are gradually stolen in off-camera surgeries."

You will also find videos for the movie on the usual websites. The plot involves a crazed scientist who is intent on making perfect humans out of body parts! It features those stalwarts of Gothic Horror, Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. I love the film's tagline: "He's going to make somebody out of every BODY he meets!"

A little off topic for this site, perhaps, but it's a pleasure to help anyone searching for any genre of rare films.

I hope this is the one you're looking for. I dread to think what else it might be!
Puerto Rico
15 Apr 2014, 00:19
Thanks a lot for your kind help. I think you've helped finding one of the movies I was looking for. Wish the best for y'all.
Cheers,
moviewiz

Strongly Interested in Old Movies, Particularly Sci-Fy, Action, Horror, Adventure, History, etc.
United Kingdom
15 Apr 2014, 21:14
Hello Moviewiz, I would very much like to apologise for my flippant response to your valid query. Unfortunately, I have what very few people seem to have these days, and that is a sense of humour. However, I am very pleased to see that Mellowdramatic has answered your question, and perhaps you will not be deterred from asking those all-important questions again. I wish you good luck in your endeavours to pursue the wonderful world of cinema, and that you will not be offended by the likes of myself, who quite often cannot take life as seriously as one might be expected to. Life is far too short to take seriously all of the time.

My kindest regards to you.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Puerto Rico
15 Apr 2014, 22:13
Hi novem_diabolum; A sense of humor is not an essential for many, but it is just one of the pretty qualities that belongs to a kind, responsible, eloquent and decent person like you. Each & every one of us are unique, thus, you also deserve the best too; ...Blessings.

Samoa
10 Oct 2014, 14:44
Could y'all stop licking each other and get a room?

Thank you.

;)