This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Celebrity and Movie Discussions » Lord of the Flies

United Kingdom
18 Jun 2013, 14:19
I enjoyed the book at school. The first film was also excellent but like many have said the follow up was dreadful. Sadly it seems less and less quality moves are made in the USA these days, or am I missing some?
United Kingdom
19 Jun 2013, 01:35
"Moonrise Kingdom", perhaps?

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=34899

Highly rated by some. Others find it too stylized and lacking a genuine sense of childhood innocence. It's clever, but does it reflect how real life American children woud actually behave? Are they really so sophisticated in comparison with children in other parts of the world?

Part of the enduring appeal of Peter Brook's "Lord of the Flies" is its accurate portrayal of what small boys are really like. Nothing is contrived. Hence the descent into savagery is all the more vivid and shocking.
USA
17 Jul 2013, 17:39
I have heard there is going to be a remake of lord of the flies. Does anyone know anything about it?
Als existed 1975 Filipino (In Tagalog) version "Lord of the Flies" - 'Alkitrang dugo'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0474539/
United Kingdom
18 Jul 2013, 07:12
Thanks for that interesting piece of information, Alec, and it is a pity that more is not known about it. I can't help feeling, however that it would not have the same impact on serious film buffs that the original 1963 version of 'Lord of The Flies' has had over the decades. It almost smacks of some of the ridiculous horror/fantasy films from the USA that have hit the screens over the past few years, where teenagers have encountered problems in trying to stay alive. As far as a great many of those who are wholly dedicated to the Peter Brook version of film are concerned, I feel sure that no other film of this nature could ever match the original. However, that does not mean that another version true to the concept could not be re-made.

Peter Pan is alive and well, but which Peter Pan, I hear you ask?