This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Celebrity and Movie Discussions » Dawson casting

Canada
24 Mar 2013, 20:38
Some people might find this to be a bit off-topic, but you might find it interesting anyway.

A few weeks ago I found the movie Crazy http://rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=1112 online (Youtube) and was very surprised to find a very nice scene (at 1:15) that is not listed here. It very quickly became one of my favorite girl films.

But then I discovered that it was a case of Dawson casting; named for the American TV show Dawson's Creek, where James Van Der Beek (20), Katie Holmes (18), and Joshua Jackson (19) play 15-year-olds.

In this case, the actress I thought was 14 (maybe 16) turned out to be 20.

Question: what is your most disappointing case of Dawson casting -- where you thought that a very sexy girl turns out not to be?
United Kingdom
3 Apr 2013, 19:41
Buffy the vampire slayer. Sarah Michelle Gellar playing a 16yrd. Then found out she was 20.
USA
4 Apr 2013, 06:28
Not for an actress, but in "City of Ember", Harry Treadaway was 23 but was playing 12-year-old Doon. For me, it was very off-putting, especially as he was acting with Saorsie Ronan, who was about 13 at the time, just about her character's 12-year-old age.

Joey
United Kingdom
4 Apr 2013, 11:33
Another one. 16 year old Katniss from The Hunger Games, played by 22 year old Jennifer Lawrence.

Just no hollywood!