This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Celebrity and Movie Discussions » Where are they and how do they look like now?!

Russia
12 May 2009, 14:44

Administrator, www.rarefilmfinder.com
USA
16 May 2009, 12:51
Or if they aren't in prison because they flipped.

Very few child stars actually mature & transcend. Jodie Foster & Kurt Russel come to mind.... maybe Amber Tamblyn.

Which is why I'm damned curious to see how Dakota & Abigail turn out. Already at a young age Dakota faced scandal & scuorilisnous with Houndog and I was quite pleased with how she responded Basically she said it was a movie... it was a role... get the hell over it. I like that, as opposed to shall we say Lindsay???? Or another Disney alum... Brittainy?

So I ask, in general, Why is it that we as the public demand one thing & The Industry as a whole try to pander and reality is somewhere way off base? Roman aside, and even Drew's ahem *alleged* coming of age.... something is quite wrong in Oz?

Can we have a child star who is quite talented & play age related roles mature into more appropriate roles w/o it being the end of a career? Can it be more... or just plain realistic?

Apparently the "boys" have better success at maturing & growing into better roles. Girls have a problem.... either they are good girls and once they reach... oh about 16 they no longer exist, or the cross over to the "bad" girls role. And this seems to be a marketing decision that they go along with... or fade into obscurity.

Hillary Duff comes to mind. I love that girl and she has done good work and was recently promoted as the good girl go to teen. Then she grew up... and out of the Disney pool. I can't wait to see her as Bonnie ( as in Bonnie & Clyde ) remake. Gave the Disney folks the aploxey... makes me want to see it more. Seems to me that the Disney folks are trying to put some distance & obscurity between them & Hillary. Last I heard, she was persona non grata.

Hmmm, wake up Disney.... you had a hot, popular star.... she grew up..... Miranda Cosgrove comes to mind.... Miley Cyrus is another

Make age appropriate films, with age appropriate actors, and tell the same damned story again & again updated for today, or tomorrow. I think Americans can handle a coming of age event quite well. Same sorrow & heartache we deal with our own kids. It's what you do... fer the most part so well.

As for "parental support" roles..... I'm disrturbed & worried. Holywood is to full of perverts & misunderstood artists. And that's what we spend money on and worse yet, what young girls dream.

Sorry, off on a tirade here

Change perception, change reality
Russia
16 Dec 2013, 17:13

Administrator, www.rarefilmfinder.com