This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Celebrity and Movie Discussions » Burnt by the Sun

USA
5 Dec 2008, 02:40
Just seen this movie and I thought it was a damn good movie..all except the guy,Nadya's father getting beat in the car by the 3 or 4 cowards...that scene gave the movie"The Ugly"
The girl was simply adorable,sweet and charming.
The girl and father roles were good,thought they were very close not only emotionally but physically as well...that added a nice touch to the movie.
The story line was great and the acting was good...all around...
I gave the movie on a scale of 1-10 stars a big 6 stars for holding my attention
USA
15 May 2009, 11:13
I have seen it only once, by borrowing from the library. I agree it is a good movie. Personally, I'd give it 9 out of ten stars... would have scored a perfect 10 but some of the movies complex subtexts don't exactly come across well in the translation.
I loved it for many different reasons: As a historical film it does quite well in capturing the moment & feel of the times. As a character study it shines quite well ( & probably the films greatest strength ) and we really get to know and understand these people and Nadezhda Mikhalkova ( Nadya ) steals the show by being the most innocent and yet most complex character. Quite a feat for a young lady
As I said before, some of the subtexts didn't translate well. There's alot more going on, and deftly handled by director Nikita Mikhalkov, but might be missed by less discerning eyes & mindsets. It might be a cultural mindset but there was a few times I scratched my head and asked did I just miss something?

My main complaint, is that for a film so decorated, why is it so hard to find?

Change perception, change reality