This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Looking for Movie Title » Movie title sought - only rudimentary information

3 Oct 2006, 20:10
Saw the movie in question 1988, should have been created after the Rocky Horror Picture Show as at of the outstanding scenes features the best version of "Time Warp", way beating Riff Raff in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. What I still know is that the movie centers around a very weird family with, I think a Jewish sounding name (no offense please) like Goldstein, Finkelstein, whatsoever, which from their house slides down into some strange underworld, where during the rest of the film each of them detects the dark side in him- or herself. Oh, and the film starts with an animation sequence of a couple of minutes in which some narrator tells the following (please be gentle, English nis not my mother tongue and I've seen the movie in German): <<<<< The drug dealer and owner of run down houses xxxx (don't remember the name) visits one of the objects he owns>>>. Its the house of our family he visits and the sequence ends with that guy running out of the house in sheer terror shouting: "F..., f..., f..., never again LSD trips before four o' clock in the afternoon." Does contain some top-less of mother and daughter, which to me does not matter - this film is just hilarious but obviously enough "underground" not get widely known.
USA
7 Oct 2006, 23:01
Saw the movie in question 1988, should have been created after the Rocky Horror Picture Show as at of the outstanding scenes features the best version of "Time Warp", way beating Riff Raff in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. What I still know is that the movie centers around a very weird family with, I think a Jewish sounding name (no offense please) like Goldstein, Finkelstein, whatsoever, which from their house slides down into some strange underworld, where during the rest of the film each of them detects the dark side in him- or herself. Oh, and the film starts with an animation sequence of a couple of minutes in which some narrator tells the following (please be gentle, English nis not my mother tongue and I've seen the movie in German): <<<<< The drug dealer and owner of run down houses xxxx (don't remember the name) visits one of the objects he owns>>>. Its the house of our family he visits and the sequence ends with that guy running out of the house in sheer terror shouting: "F..., f..., f..., never again LSD trips before four o' clock in the afternoon." Does contain some top-less of mother and daughter, which to me does not matter - this film is just hilarious but obviously enough "underground" not get widely known.

Hmmm... Parts of your description sound something like 'Forbidden Zone' [ http://imdb.com/title/tt0080752/ , http://www.forbiddenzonethemovie.com/ ]; released in 1980.

I saw it years ago too, and don't remember 'The Time Warp' being in there. Lot's of 'Oingo Boingo' style music as it was directed by Richard Elfman, and music was 'arranged' by brother Danny.

Other parts of your description, though don't ring a bell...

kimbits.