This site uses cookies.     
You are not logged in. Please login.

Login

We are sorry, but posting to this forum is temporarily disabled

Forum Index » Technical Problems » Films sometimes not recognised for 'TV announce'

Denmark
22 Dec 2009, 13:48
A film "Best i Sverige" was shown on NRK1 earlier today but it wasn't listed on the TV announce (so I missed it, but that's not the main point here). I don't think I even need to tell you what film this is(?), but your system here still did not 'recognise' it, even if the spelling is almost identical to the original Swedish title.
I've seen the same happen with other films & tv series where the station uses just a translated version of the original title (Little House on the Prairie is one example).

Al.
Russia
22 Dec 2009, 15:14
Probably you know that we keep many alternative titles generally found by IMDb. But when our database miss a title used by some station in some country, movie just couldn't be recongnized here. It must be added manually in order to be found - see?
Another problem is mistypes, wrong years and countries used in TV program sources. I created very clever movie identification system, however it is not 100% perfect.
But if you think that our system fail on some title without serious reason just put your request. I will try to investigate it.

Administrator, www.rarefilmfinder.com
Russia
22 Dec 2009, 15:50
My suspect relating "Bäst i Sverige!" confirmed. We missed norwegian title for it: "Best i Sverige" which is different on 2 chars with its original title. Thats' why system did not recognize it. Now it is ok after i added new alternative title manually.

Denmark
23 Dec 2009, 00:58
Fair enough, the database will grow by each case then, if I understand this correctly.

Al.
Russia
23 Dec 2009, 09:49
IMDb is being updated by houndreds of volunteers daily, and they still could not have every existing alternative title for every movie.
Why do you expect some miracle here?

Denmark
23 Dec 2009, 13:39
I don't 'expect' anything like that. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try improve..which we continue to do

Al.
Denmark
27 Dec 2009, 18:29
Tonight La Boum 2 is on TV5, but because it uses "2" and not "II" in the title, it's not getting highlighted as it should.

Al.
Russia
29 Dec 2009, 00:32
Thanx for pointing me. Now our TVBot is smarter.